Thursday, July 9, 2009

Steak for Dinner?!%#

The serious man
The goof

The "ham" in the background


The friendly guy



My "big, strong chocolate kiss"
My husband

For all of you that come to Haiti, you know that the way meat is cooked is really tasty. Although I like meat, especially beef and I love my beef to taste beefy. I think by the the time you add all that citrus, the meat tastes good but not like meat.
Leann loves to make fillet mignon. And Nixon eats it but he says its blan food. The night before last I took out a couple of t-bone steaks to defrost while I made dinner. I had been saving them up for a while. After we ate our dinner, I got a zip lock bag, put my raw steaks in it, poured plenty of worchestire sauce and but the bag in the fridge. Nixon watched and said, "wow, baby, that is so blan". He went on and on about how he doesn't think any other Haitian would eat the blan food he does. And then he confessed the fact that he sometimes asks himself if he should really eat his wife's food. I can be pretty patient with my husband, in some ways. I just shrugged it off and said I wanted to hear him sing that same song at dinner time the next day. He kept scoffing and laughing.

So the next day came around, and I put the steaks on at about 6pm. I made some thick, lumpy, buttery mashed potatoes to go with it. (I LOVED THE MASHED POTATOES!)

Nixon kept saying he would just have some of that slushy drink that I was making. Then he said he might have a steak, the small one. He took a little bite as he many times does, when all I want is for him to sit down with me instead of just picking until he is full. Gosh, my husband does drive me crazy sometimes. Anyway, he took one bite and kind of just stopped chewing and turns to me and says, BABE,..this is really good. Long story short, I had about a quarter of a steak and Nixon had 1 and 3/4 and could have eaten a couple more. He loved the steaks! That teaches him to slam "blan" food, especially his wife's food. LOL:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nixon,

Please teach me how to constructively complain about my wife's food until she makes something EVEN better! You have skills my friend.

Sandra- You really love your husband. Most women would have served him SPAM and moved on...:-)