Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July 2009












Our Orange Soda Cake. Josiah put sprinkles on, dont worry Gwenn, he did not eat any. :)












Me and my strong black chocolate kiss Jon and Jennifer Hancock




Mike, Georgette and son










Nia Mangine :)








It was a great evening. Nixon and I hosted a fourth of July party for all the HCH ers in town. We missed the Pye's and Gwenn though. It was wonderful though. Nixon put up twinkling lights and I put up some Happy 4th posters and I decorated the table. Even though I was pressed for time, I had the greatest time doing everything. It was really nice. I was so busy with preparations and then the party that I did not end up missing my family too much. I felt sure that I would shed some tears, as I often do when missing my family. Though we are of Mexican descent, we take a lot of pride in being American and Independence Day is very celebrated in my familia. Happy Fourth of July to my beloved family! I love you all so much. I would really love to be home one Independence Day in the near future.
Anyway, we had a great time. I believe that even the kids had a blast. We ended the night with fireworks. We planned to put them up on the projector but alas we had not the cable. You are forgiven Mike.
Hamburgers and hot dogs, macaroni and beat salad, BAKED BEANS, and orange soda cake were on the menu. Everything was DELICIOUS!! Nia took one look at my plate and said, "that is a lot of food, I really dont think that you will be able to eat all that". Needless to say, I did not go back for seconds. (and I left enough on my plate for her to not be able to say that I ate ALL that food). LOL! We had a great Fourth of July. It was truly special. We missed all of you that are away. Happy Independence Day to everyone again. God bless us, and God bless America.

3 comments:

nanajobx said...

It is so comforting to know that you are including my family in your family with your celebrations! Thank you for including them.

Gretchen said...

Sandra...can you put a "recipes" section on your blog? I'm still wanting to make the cornmeal mush like you do (or the rice, too!). And "orange soda cake"? Sounds awesome!

Sandra Altidor said...

Yeah, look forward to some recipes. I will post one tomorrow to kick it off. :)