Thursday, July 16, 2009

Recipe of the week







Here is another recipe that will be a hit anywhere you take it. I am glad the blonde brownies were a hit Karen.
This cake is Leann's favorite and my husband loves it too. I get in trouble if I make one and take it all and don't leave some slices for his night time snack. :)
Cream Cheese Bundt Cake

#1 Say a little prayer before you start, its a little picky. Needs a little blessing to start it off.

DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN
(seriously, this cake is simple to make but very picky)

Beat the following ingredients until fluffy
2 1/3 sticks margarine
2 cups sugar
Then beat in one box of cream cheese (8 ounces)
Add in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
and as you start beating add in 4 eggs, ONE AT A TIME
Add in 2 cups flour and a dash of salt.
Should be nice and thick and smooth.
Pour into well greased and floured bundt cake mold
BAKE AT 275 DEGREES FARENHEIT FOR ABOUT 1 HOUR AND 10 MINUTES.
if you are in Haiti it would be about 1/3rd of a mark under the 2 for about 1 hour and a half. The cake should be lightly browned. COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE INVERTING.

Good luck!

Put on a pretty plate and dust with powdered sugar. ;) TRUST ME, EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT!

This recipe was given to me by an elderly lady I used to read to. It was a long time ago and I've since forgotten her name. She used to collect Troll dolls and had a very short temper. I liked ther though.




3 comments:

Nick Mangine said...

Be careful with this cake. If you in the general vicinity, she'll make you eat it :)

Pye's In Haiti said...

I LOVE this cake! It is sooo good and is the only cake I'll eat the next day It's still really good!!!

EMB* said...

Hands down, the BEST cake I've ever Eaten... I realize that its wrong to want to "steal" the missionary out of the country that God has called her to, but I have to say that I did give it more than a SECOND THOUGHT while I was in Haiti last week. Love, love, loveee me some Nixon and Sandra! xoxoxo