Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dehydration-taken lightly




you can see the ocean in the distance






I woke up feeling terrible yesterday morning. My husband was off to pick up Leann and I was up at 5:30am but only for a little while. Then I got up a 7am and felt terrible. I just felt so tired, and sore. I grabbed a bottle of water and tried to read a little but went back to sleep. At about 8:30am, the ladies that work downstairs came in and I got up and cleaned up the house a bit and did some stuff. This time, when I got up I remembered that I had hardly drank water the day before. I had drank a water bottle in the morning and a cup at night. Plus, the Hancocks and Nixon and I had spent a few hours at the pool. Wow, I went back to bed about 9am after drinking 34 ounces of gatorade. I had chills, muscle cramps, a terrible headache and achy tiredness. Wow, I had never felt so terrible. I really never went to sleep again, just laid there and worked on a second 34 ounce bottle of gatorade. At about 11am I started to feel like myself again. The energy slowly came back, like coming back from the dead. It was strange weird. The days are really hot lately and I hear it is over 100farenheit back home too. Friends and family, drink plenty of water, it is terribly important.
Today, I feel just great even though it was a really hot night and sleep wasn't too comfy. I am happy to be alive and to be loved, especially by my King.

I went up on my roof just to get a look, I remembered how beautiful this country is. I feel refreshed today. The pictures above are taken from the roof of the Joy In Hope Rue Petion house.

No comments: