Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Even in the fullness of a day


Nixon and I were planning on sleeping in but it did not happen. I woke up about 6:30am and my husband was no longer in bed. I found him sitting on the floor in a patch of shade on the balcony,....thinking. God is teaching us a lot right now and so we are trying to be still and listen, even as we have a ton of other things to do since it is the beginning of the school year.
Yesterday we spent some time looking at kids we've helped in the past and looking at how we can still help them this year. We've let some go and we've found innovative ways to be able to help other students, even if it is just a little. We wish we could help so many more.
We've also been spending time looking at numbers together, not so fun. We've been going over costs and thinking about where we can cut back. We've been looking at our sponsorship and seen that it is pretty poor. So what have we been learning? That we need God.
Isn't it funny to realize that when things get tough we feel a more desperate need we have for the Lord.
Times of "need" draw us closer to God, or should anyway.
We both spent some time in prayer together crying out the Lord in different areas and just recognizing that we can do nothing without Him. It was wonderful and it made my heart glad.
Times of need, of suffering, of confusion, arent really so bad.
Those times can be used to draw closer to God and I realize that that is where I want my family to be. Praise the Lord for that. Blessings to you and yours.

1 comment:

Dave said...

ah, we're kind of in the same place. It's not easy to pull your head out and realize what you need when you're in the thick of the struggle. I'm glad the two of you have the clarity, as a couple, to reach that point.
I cry out with you, and I have faith that we're heard, but above all, let His will be done.

Vicki and I love you.