Friday, September 11, 2009

Creation

showing off their crafts
that is Toto behind the moon on the right:)

I layed down the law, "If I see glitter on your
faces, all over your arms, then I take your paper
away. Some of you know how crazy glitter can
get, especially in Haiti. We had no problems.
A couple of the girls singing a solo
They had a perfectly synchronized sway.
It was adorable.
I have actually known these twin boys for years.
I met them when they were at another orphanage.
Yflo and Yvyo love to sing duets. They sing some songs
that the Dominican team I was with taught them, about
5 years ago. How awesome is that?



I am preparing for Junior church again. We have about 60 children show up every Sunday.
At the beginning of the summer I started teaching a "Creation" series. It has had a few interruptions but that is something to expect in Haiti. All in all though, it has gone really really well. The children are learning a Creation song to the "London Bridge" tune. We made sun and moon and cloud and sea and tree paddles for the children to hold up during different parts of the song. They like this. When we talked about God creating plants the children decorated their banana tree with banana clusters and colored, learned some more of their song, and ate a piece of banana bread that I had made them. Nixon was really really proud of them the week before last. We talked about the earth and how it orbits the sun and how the earth turns on it's axis and the moon's orbit around the earth. I made a mobile for the kids to visualize and used kids dressed in yellow for the sun, green for the earth, white for the moon, and stuck a few planets in there to make a life size mobile. The children really understood and when I changed the position of the earth, they could tell us when it was day or night. It was really really cool.
Omega taught them their song, Leann helped the children make a basic mobile, and Nixon and I played a planet game with the kids.
This week I will be starting to show the kids pieces of the "Planet Earth" documentary. I am sure that this will be the first time for most of the kids to see such real images of sun, space, clouds, etc. I am really excited. I feel like we are incorporating the awesomeness of God with science(taught differently than just memorizing facts). Honestly, Nixon shared with me how this was the first time he really understood some concepts. Although he had memorized facts, now he understands. Yey!
Thanks to Leann and the HCH kids who have helped out a ton with Junior church. Thank you especially to my amazingly handsome, caring, and sensitive black man.
May God bless all those beautiful children and while we show them a peek of how amazing our Creator is, may their little hearts be hearts that beat for their Maker.





Anyway, I am really really excited!

No comments: