Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Time Away

Our cozy room
Wha a gorgeous setup on the roof




this is a hammock chair and I sat there as I read my book,
sooo comfy!!!


seriously though, what a gorgeous roof!!!!!!
Nixon and I went away for the weekend. Since we need to watch our finances we stayed at a missionary guesthouse. It might not have been the Ritz but it was certainly comfortable and was just what the Doctor ordered.

Nixon and I arrived after having left another beloved team. We then assisted in the picking up of our dear friend Denise, who follows our blog(kisses and hugs to you!). She is here to visit with her family and her dear community(I suspect).

Anyway, we arrived about 3pm Saturday and we took a shower then Nixon had to go out while I took a nap. At dinner we had wonderful conversation with Fritz and Paul from Santa Barbara California, not far from home at all. That was definitely nice. After dinner, Nixon went to sleep early while I watched some tv and read a good book. Saturday afternoon was uneventful but wonderful. Sunday after visiting with some new friends we were invited to a home church. We enjoyed it so much, the people, the message, and the style. One thing I really liked is that the church is made up of missionaries but they do not allow themselves to talk about their work on that day. They don't even allow themselves to ask questions regarding anything about their mission. I think we need that sometimes. Afterwards we had some good conversation with Kathy and Greg regarding the sermon on Judgement and then took a nap. Actually, Nixon watched a movie. I took a nap.

We then walked up to Delma and had a late Haitian lunch at a nice Haitian place followed by Epi Dor ice cream(cookies and cream). I counted my points but went I am sorry to say that I went overboard. We then watched some tv and turned in early.

Monday Nixon left early in order to tend to some business while I slept in a little, had breakfast, did some computer work and then devoured a book I had had my eye on. The book was a civil war diary and extremely interesting. I spent all day up on the roof of the guesthouse. I even took a nap in the hammock. At about 1pm, Nixon came back and then we were on our way back to Jacmel.

As I write about our weekend you would think it all sounds pretty boring. I gotta say that it was a WONDERFUL WEEKEND! (even though I missed our boys, just a little)

1 comment:

nanajobx said...

your faithful follower is delighted you had such a restful weekend :)