Monday, October 12, 2009

David Sang

"David sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him form the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul.1

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;"

How many times have I read this verse? It is funny how scripture means different things
during different times in our lives. This verse meant so much to me today. Lately I have been remembering George Muller and how he would face some terribly busy days. He would say something like, "I have so much today, I need to pray 3 hours instead of my 2 hours".
And so I have been making it a point to not miss my quiet time with the Lord. I am so glad I had read David's words of praise. They were brought to my heart today just when I needed them.
Father, thank you for being there for me.
I pray David's words would remind all of you of God's presence in a very special way.

No comments: