Monday, October 5, 2009

The things that thrill me.

I was thinking about how amazing it is that our boys have changed so much over the course of 1 year.
Then I started thinking about how much I have changed over the course of 3 years. I have lived in Haiti for near 3 years now. I remember that I had a boring weekend every now and then when I was back home in Texas. I would plan a day with my mom or Norma would plan a day of Mall, Movie, and a Meal. Still, I was rather dissatisfied at the end of the day.
Lately, Nixon and I have run out of movies to watch. So this weekend I decided that we were gonna play games. Plus we had a sick kid and a very bored one, so we needed to keep an eye on him and at the same time entertain him. Actually, that is rather complicated.
Anyway, Nixon played this dorky little Bible Memory game with one of our boys then it turned into pretty much all the boys wanted to play. I can imagine noses turning up to our rinky dink Memory game back home. LOL. We also played Go Fish with another Bible card set.
Then we all played Sequence. I actually had some things to do but Nixon played for an endless amount of time with the boys. Then I discovered Yahtzee, always have wanted to learn to play this one. I made Nixon play about 3 times on Sunday. I was just happy as a clam. It doesn't take very much to make me happy as a clam since I moved to Haiti.
This morning I needed to run some errands, which Nixon ussually does, so I asked to borrow a car and went to the Pye house, money exchange shop, downtown and then to drop Lucette off at home so she could take care of her sick son. I came back feeling refreshed, kind of like I had been to the Mall or something. Ok, maybe not like that but it was nice. I was "happy as a clam". LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are just times we need to unwind from our normal routine. You unwind and things feel like they can be accomplished and if not tomorrow is another day!