Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My newest cake creation

About 6 months ago I learned to make flowers
I love flowers! I premade all these roses and just froze
them. This was my first time basket weaving.
I don't really have patterns down, must have missed it
in kindergarten. It was really hard for me.
When I was a teenager I just loved the thought of queens
princesses. I really iked making this cake. And I loved the little
flowers surrounding the dress. I think all the Pye girls really
loved this one.

For Leann, of course. This was the easiest cake ever!
I actually really liked making this Haiti Air plane. It
took a while and kind of ended up looking like Thomas
the train's cousin. I liked it though.
This one has been my most creative cake-for Elinda

This was one of my first ones-for Slandia

This was also one of my beginner cakes, off of
the Family Fun website, good directions

This was also one of the first cakes, it started
getting more elaborate after this one.

This might have been my first or second cake, for Lovely
I kind of thought it was a bit scarry, an Ariel nightmare.

a homemade chocolate cake for the main guitar piece
Mini pound cakes for the longer piece.
I never thought it would turn out this good. "Mi Madre"
Dum Dums for the tuner knobs, brads for the blue and green dots
you see, and icing strings.


I actually don't think I have blogged my cakes before, at least I don't remember doing it.
I guess I started my cake making about a year ago when we were staying at the Pye's after Hurricane Gustav had wiped us out. I don't quite remember what my first cake was. I think I striked a deal that I would make a cake for Leann's kids birthdays. I have missed a few since then but I really enjoy making cakes for them. I also make cakes for some Joy In Hope employees and their kids. It is kind of like a ministry for me. Actually, I make them for short term mission trip team members with a birthday or special occassion. It is fun and I've learned a lot since I started.
Actually, I think I have been making cakes for near 2 years now since I know I have made two birthday cakes for some of the Pye kids already.
Today I made a guitar cake for Mackenson and Mackendy, twin teenage boys at the Pye's.
It took me about 8 hours to complete, including baking time. The result was incredible.
I think I have a new favorite.
And during my many cake decorating hours I started to realize that I could make some money making cakes one day. LOL! Here are some of my cakes I've made in the past and my newest creation.
Since I started I've had many friends give me "tips", "pans", "colors", and other supplies.
Thanks so much guys.

No comments: