Saturday, October 10, 2009

I am so thankful!


I wasn't really gonna say much about it until at least a significant amount of weight was lost.
I am finishing up my 5th week of Weight Watchers and have finally reached the 10 pound mark.
I weighed myself this morning. I am soooooo happpyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
I have gained weight pretty steadily since I got married. I gained 2/3 of the 30 pounds in the last year. I was really feeling miserable about the weight gain. Not only could I see it but it also was making me feel weary. And Gwenn and I insist that chubber people feel the heat more and the heat can be UNBEARABLE here in Haiti. Wanting to get pregnant gave me that very last push I needed.
Like I think I said before, I am going into WW for the long haul this time. I don't want to have the mentality that after 30 lbs I can quit or after 50lbs or whatever. I want to keep going and when I stop losing weight then I keep monitoring my points and maintaining.
I used to get so upset thinking why some people have that challenge and some can stuff their little skinny faces and not gain an ounce. Well, not all people have the same cross to carry. That is just the way it is.
Anyway, I am so thankful. Some of you know how hard it is to lose weight. I know I could not do it without the Lord's strength.
Yey, I am now 10 lbs lighter. Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Sandra! Stay strong and one pound at a time!

Gwenn Mangine said...

I am so proud of you Sandra. It really shows. Great work.

Anonymous said...

Sandra,

Way to go! What a great attitude.

Your sweet spirit makes team housing such a great place to be...

bw