Monday, November 23, 2009

So much to do

Even though we had already finished the Creation Series for Junior church I decided to talk about how "it was good" is repeated over and over again after each day of Creation. I ended in telling the kids that when they don't rest properly, they won't see all that is "good". We had fun talking about this but the message was
convicting to me.
Now that we are getting ready to leave for 6-8 weeks, I am very busy preparing for our departure. I am not only figuring out what we need to take. I am also trying to leave everything ready so that the ministry can do what is normall on "our plate". This weekend was more cleaning out and clearly organizing so that out team is not lost when looking for Junior church stuff and the boy's supplies and all.
After Nixon and I arrive in El Paso, we have a presentation to do four days after that. So we are preparing for that as well. And of course I want to spend as much time with our boys as possible before we leave so I don't allow myself to skip out on movie watching, game playing, or devotions.
But yesterday I was dead tired. Even as I am writing this blog I feel exhausted.
This should be a time of excitement and joy and yet I find I am missing out cause I am trying to do to much. That is so strange isn't it? The way we tend to do that is unbelievable. Nixon ordered me, and I mean ordered me, to take a nap after we had a special prayer time with the boys yesterday afternoon. I think I will need one today as well.
What have I learned? God always knows what He is talking about. He really knows what He is talking about when He talks about rest. I don't want to miss anything, especially all the lessons He is trying to teach me. I don't want to miss any of the journey. Ultimately prayer is the only way things will get done and get done well. I love my God's ways. I love Him for all that He is. I especially love Him for teaching me so patiently. Blessed be His Name.

1 comment:

nanajobx said...

I have heard it said "If the devil can't make you bad he will settle for buzy."
Will you guys be in NC at all?