Monday, November 9, 2009

Our beloved Seniors

Ti Ya Yan's always been Nixon's girl:)

Thanks to our Director, despite the fact that we have only one working vehicle, we were given the truck so we could go visit our Seniors last Tuesday.
Yeah, I am behind on my blog.
Anyway, we had a good visit. A short term mission team had come through and they told me all about their new hats. Although I don't know where they would ever wear them. I am glad they were happy though.
Madam Oraben told us she was not doing good, as she always tells us. Her achy body will continue to be achy for the rest of her life. Ti Ya Yan told us she has heartburn, as she always does. We took her some more pepcid for that though.
Senor Benoz was proud of himself for cutting his own hair. I think he gets tired of waiting for Nixon to have the time to do it. He was happy for his new gillete.
Madam Vilbren was as giddy as usual. They are all too cute.
They were in good spirits since Senor Benoz had led them in their usual church service. The six of them come out on the balcony and Senor Benoz shares Psalms and other verses of scripture he has memorized, they then sing together, interrupting only to pray. When we were at the Village, their services were usually about 3 hours long. I imagine they are the same.
As we were getting ready to leave Ti Ya Yan told Nixon she had been saving something for him. She pulled out about 6 eggs (Haitian and so they were special). She proudly told Nixon she had been saving them for like a month. YIKES!!!
Nixon brought them home and told me not to throw them out since it was so sweet of Ti Ya Yan to save them for him. And I completely agree with him on her sweetness, and thoughtfulness.
I did not throw them out, just gave them away(with a warning that they might not be good). :)
We do love our Seniors. We will always remember how we lived with them and were able to love them on a daily basis. We miss them.

No comments: