Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sick in bed for two days

This is for you Dave. :)
Can some of you gals relate to when you feel so sick that the world looks gray. Suddenly, misplaced shoes, dirty laundry, the sun shining, a husband's hovering all mean just one thing?.....LIFE SUCKS!
No, it is really not the end of the world, I am just sick for only like the second time since I have been in Haiti. Reminds me of when I was young. I would hardly ever get sick but when I finally got sick, it was pretty bad.
I have hardly any apetite, am pretty grumpy, feel really gross, sneeze constantly, cough constantly and sleep constantly. If you're thinking "she must feel better cause she is on the computer", you're wrong. But I am pretty sick of being in bed.
I am reminded of a young missionary leading a Bible Study saying, "when you complain about stubbing your toe, thank God you have a toe to hurt". Lord, I thank you. I say this as I reflect on all the days when I have not been sick. LOL! I don't think i did that right.
So, how did i get this really bad cold? Well, maybe it was staying up late every night last week preparing for our Church Conference VBS. Or maybe it was sweating for 3 hrs straight twice a day this weekend. Or maybe it was staying in those 90 degree plus classrooms with zero ventilation. Add in beautiful sweaty kids carrying God knows which germs, ...Voila! Or maybe it was just sniffing Gwenn's killer gross disease festering mattress. LOL!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Welcome back! OK, your contract is renewed!

I'm sorry you feel so yucky. Please take pause and allow others to give back to you. It is way too easy to be all "big" and stuff and "handle" being sick. Receive comfort graciously from those near you. You are loved by many!

nanajobx said...

"Abba, I lift up my sister Sandra to you and ask that you would meet her needs. Jesus, I ask that you would make intercession for her as your word says you will do. I pray that she would sleep and when she awakes she will find that she is in fact on the other side of this illness. Help her to be patient with her body as you are healing her.Thank you Lord that you hear and answer our prayers."