Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A few days off!












My best friend Norma came to Haiti to visit us. Nixon and I had been talking about taking a few days off so we decided to go to Wahoo Bay. Thanks to the Pye's, we were lent a vehicle instead of renting one. We went to WahooBay (in the St. Marc area) and then spent a day to just have R&R. I loved every minute of it. We were out on the beach and in the water ALL DAY! It was so yummy.

Then we drove to a place on the other side of Port. They had combos!, like burgers, fries, and hot dogs.

I did have a reality check moment as I was trying to decide what to get.

I saw a cuban steak sandwhich as a combo and asked for the perfect lunch. I almost heard the record scratch sound as she proceeded to tell me "we don't have steak". SIKE! (OR PSYCHE!--not sure how it is spelled.) Then why is it on the menu!? Reality hit,....I was still in Haiti.

Anyway, the little cafe at the Baptist mission had a spectacular view and we spent time looking at some beautiful and inexpensive souvenirs. The area was up in the mountains, had beautiful houses and it was nice and cool in temperature.

It as a great morning. Afterwards we went grocery shopping.

Nixon and I had left Jacmel at 6am on Monday morning and got back on Wednesday at 9pm. We made our few days off, COUNT! They were the best 3 days I have had in a while.





No comments: