Monday, December 28, 2009

A tough day

Nixon and I spent the night at my baby sister's house on the other side of town. Since we will be traveling for a couple of weeks, our time is coming to an end in El Paso and we are just trying to spread ourselves out as much as possible. Everyone wants a piece of us.
We stayed up and played Sequence. It was really fun and I remembered our playing with our boys. I miss our boys very much these days.
Almost as soon as we woke up, our morning took a serious turn. My uncle was taken from his family this morning. Mexico's drug war seems to be touching every family that we know. Even those who are not involved have at lease some relative that drags them all into the mess. Nixon and I took some time to pray and we spent the day "being there" for my mom.
It is amazing to think that my mom and I were just at my aunt's house on Christmas day, as is our custom every Christmas day. We have been praying all day and our heart's have been heavy. I constantly remember that we serve a living and active God who hears our prayers. My momma has another brother that is an atheist. He told momma to pray since she knows how to communicate with God. I pray the Lord works a miracle.
We are expecting snow again tomorrow. This would make it the third snow this winter. What a strange winter in the desert.

1 comment:

nanajobx said...

Sandra,I am so sorry to hear of the death of your uncle. It is no mistake that God has you and Nixon there at this time.If your other uncle is asking your mom to pray he may not be an atheist at all and this could be the turning point in his life.I am glad that you are there to encourage and support your family.
Where are you traving to and when? If you end up in Raleigh I may try to get out there to see you if I can. (Of course you are always welcome here but I know your time is tight.)
How are the boys doing?