Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Two worlds"


I just got back from a visit to Texas. I am exhausted. There was a lot that happened during this week and it felt like the visit was a lot longer. Yet not long enough somehow. I was sitting in Fernie's salon. He has been cutting my hair for years now. As he was snipping off 3 inches, he asked me, "do you ever get up in the morning and say 'what the heck am i doing here'?" Funny he should ask that. There have been many of those mornings during the last two years.

It is so out of this world to think that Haiti and the U.S. are even on the same earth. I stood out in my mom's parking lot on Thursday night and just felt the nice cool desert air and listened to the silence of far off traffic underneath the city lights. And now I am sitting here writing this blog as I listen to the voodoo drums roll and the sing song chants at a neighbor's home. Two worlds.

As I sit here thinking of what to write next, I see a big strong arm reaching into such a diverse globe. Nothing makes sense if it is without the good news of Jesus Christ. Underneath us all are some very basic sins like lust and corruption. We are all so different but very much the same. We can all see our need for unconditional love and belonging. We all long to feel special and we all desire to leave a legacy behind. I want to leave the certainty of Truth in as many hearts as possible. I want to leave hope to a dying world, beauty. I want to really "live", all of my days, in this life and the next.

Underneath the rolling drums and the distant sound of traffic is perfection and a perfect Creator who knows me and loves me more than I know. I just can't understand the wonderful fact that He loves everyone else the same.

Amazing.

2 comments:

nanajobx said...

This is my Father's world,
and to my listening ears
all nature sings, and round me rings
the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world:
I rest me in the thought
of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
his hand the wonders wrought.

2. This is my Father's world,
the birds their carols raise,
the morning light, the lily white,
declare their maker's praise.
This is my Father's world:
he shines in all that's fair;
in the rustling grass I hear him pass;
he speaks to me everywhere.

3. This is my Father's world.
O let me ne'er forget
that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world:
why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King; let the heavens ring!
God reigns; let the earth be glad!


Welcome home.When you are in God's will you are home....

Sandra Altidor said...

I had not heard that song, hymn, in so long. I heard it many years ago when i had barely given my life to Christ. I heard it in my head as I read the lyrics you sent. You are too cool. And I love you.
May God bless you so very much.
xoxoxo,
Sandra