Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Earthquake

Nixon and I were leaving D.C. with some good friends of ours when we recieved the first email on the earthquake. Panic was my first reaction. Then my mind flooded with questions and worry.
Thanks to the internet we were able to get on facebook and recieve updates from our friends and organization(Joy In Hope) in Jacmel, Haiti.
Everyone is accounted for in Jacmel, Joy In Hope. We know some buildings are down including a hotel--dont know which one. As we have seen, much damage is reported in the Capital. The real shocker is the palace collapsing as well as many other goverment structures. Haiti has suffered a severe blow.
The many countries that are ready to respond are comforting. We know God is present and in control and even now He sees and hears his children crying.
Nixon and I are stunned. We are scheduled to fly out in only a week and momma thanks God that we are not there. Honestly, my feelings are quite different. I just want to be there and comfort my boys and help to do anything that I can. We feel terrible that we are not there. Helplessness is definitely something that we feel.
All we can do is pray and see what we can do for now.
Nixon is worried about his dad, his new wife and their 6 month old baby boy. We are also worried about our very dear elderly. We hope to know how everyone is tomorrow.
We hope to know in the next few days as to our travel plans.
I will keep you all updated. Please keep Joy In Hope in your prayers. Please visit Joyinhope.org in order to make donations or email me for more information.
We arrived in North Carolina about an hour ago and are scheduled to fly out to Texas tomorrow afternoon, unless can be useful to our Stateside office here in N.C.
Praying,
Sandra Altidor

No comments: